Can I Afford a Truck Accident Lawyer?
YES. you can afford a truck accident lawyer. It cost you nothing to review your case. You pay nothing if you don’t win. If you win, you pay a percentage of what you receive as a settlement. You cannot afford to resolve the matter without a lawyer.
Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
YES. You need to have an attorney help you through a truck driving accident case. The cases are complex and the truck companies have very good lawyers and investigators that will do anything to make sure you don’t get a dime.
How Much Does a Grand Rapids Truck Accident Lawyer Cost?
Krupp Law Offices charge NOTHING unless we win for you. If you case settles or has a jury verdict, we will receive one-third of the recovery for our work. We provide you with a written fee agreement. We will make sure you know what the fees are and how they are calculated.
Who can be sued in a truck accident case?
In a truck or tractor trailer accident case, the truck driver, trucking company, or owner of the truck/trailer can be liable. In some cases, the facility responsible for loading the truck, or even the entity responsible for the contents of the trailer can be liable. Each case is different, you should speak with the truck accident lawyers at Krupp law Offices. We offer free 24/7 consultation at 616-459-6636.
What should I do if someone from the trucking company call me before I’ve contracted Krupp Law?
Do not agree to make a recorded statement to the trucking company’s insurance carrier. Do not sign any forms sent to you by the trucking company and their insurance carrier. Immediately contact an experienced Local Grand Rapids truck accident lawyers at Krupp Law.
What should I do at the scene of a truck accident?
At the scene of the accident, you should do the following:
- Do not admit fault
- Never leave the scene of the accident
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Call 911 even if your accident seems minor
- Remain calm and remain in your vehicle (unless it’s too dangerous to do so)
- Seek medical attention for any injured drivers or passengers
- Unless necessary, do not move the vehicles until the police arrive
- Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of all parties involved, including any witnesses
- Make sure you write down the names and badge numbers of any police officers that are investigating the accident
- Photograph the vehicles and any injuries sustained by you or your passengers
- Immediately notify your own insurance company of the accident
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your own insurance agent or representative
- You are not required to give a statement to anyone but the police and your insurance company.
What can I do to protect myself after an accident with a big truck or tractor-trailer?
Truck accident cases are very complicated and require the immediate attention of a local Grand Rapids lawyer who knows the judges and juries. Trucking companies have unlimited resources that include lawyers and experts who are prepared to fight you—regardless of how injured you are. If you have been hit by a truck, the best way to protect yourself is to contact the Grand Rapids Truck Accident Lawyers at Krupp Law Offices PC. We will defend your rights and ensure that you are fairly compensated.