Michigan is a “No-Fault” state, meaning that both parties involved in an auto accident are entitled to valuable economic benefits from their insurance companies, no matter who caused the crash.
We’ve provided some information on each No-Fault insurance benefit below, so you can understand everything you may be entitled to while you’re recovering:
- Medical expenses – Coverage of your medical bills.
- Medical mileage – Reimbursement for the miles traveled to medical appointments.
- Wage loss – Money to replace what you’re not earning while you’re missing work.
- Replacement services – Help with household chores, services and child care.
- Attendant care – In-home nursing care.
- Home modifications – Making your home accessible in case of disabling injury.
- Vehicle modifications – Making your vehicle accessible in case of a disabling injury.
There are some important steps you must take in securing your insurance benefits.
Essential No Fault Truck Accident tips:
1. File your application for No-Fault insurance benefits immediately. You must immediately file a No-Fault application for benefits with the applicable insurance company. This application MUST be filed within ONE YEAR from the date of the accident, or you will forever lose any benefits to which you might be entitled. Please read about the importance of injury documentation and beware of masked injuries, as you will be asked to describe your injuries on your application for benefits.
2. Reimbursable expenses must be paid by your insurance company within one year. You must also keep in mind that if there are any items of reimbursable expense that aren’t paid by your insurance company — such as a medical bill or replacement services — you must file a lawsuit for those items within one year from the date that expense was incurred. If such a lawsuit is not filed within that one-year time period, you will lose all rights to reimbursement.
If you have problems filling out your application, don’t hesitate to call Krupp Law Offices PC
Call for a free phone consultation. Our office can help.